Tom Fletcher pulls out of remaining McFly tour due to covid
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Strictly Come Dancing star Tom Fletcher suffered a huge blow when he was forced to withdraw from the first round of the BBC One dance competition. This weekend marks the first elimination as the couples take to the dancefloor with their professional partners. Express.co.uk has all you need to know about when Tom and his partner Amy Dowden will be allowed to compete again.
When will Tom Fletcher and Amy Dowden be back on Strictly?
Following last week’s episode of Strictly, which saw the couples dance live for the first time, McFly star Tom Fletcher revealed some heartbreaking news.
In a statement, the BBC said the pair were self-isolating separately and will miss this week’s live show.
Fans will be hoping the pair can return for week three when another couple will be eliminated.
The singing star, who has been touring the UK with his band as well as training for the competition, released a video on his Instagram account following the news.
In the two-minute-long video, he said he would be back next week, on October 9.
He said: “Thank you so much for all your messages, I’m fine. But it means obviously I’m isolating and I can’t finish the McFly tour.
“I’m so sorry, I’m so gutted. It hurts so much letting you guys down, you have no idea. But the shows are going on.”
Speaking about his Strictly appearance, he said: “This also means I have to have a week off from Strictly, so I won’t be there for week two.
“So I’m sorry to all of the Strictly team and to all my fellow contestants, and to my brilliant partner Amy.
“Sending you loads of love Amy. I will be watching on Saturday cheering you all on guys, I can’t wait to see your week two dances.
“I’ll be so jealous that I’m not there. But I will be back for week three. Amy, I’m going to dance my little Cuban heels off to hopefully get more than a four from Craig.
“Until then, I’m going to rest, recover, so once again I’m so sorry to everyone and I will see you soon.”
Thankfully, his positive result means he does not have to leave the competition for good as isolation rules have changed.
Couples who contract the virus will only have to isolate for 10 days, as opposed to two weeks like last year.
The show’s executive producer, Sarah James, spoke to Express.co.uk and other media about the rules this time around.
She said: “We will have a limited audience again like last year, and the better news is that obviously last year, the isolation period for a positive test for 14 days.
“But this year it’s 10 days, so if you do, if a celebrity does receive a positive test it doesn’t necessarily mean they are out of the competition.
“It might be that they miss a week and get enough training in to return, so that is slightly better than last year.”
The news of Tom’s departure from week two comes after reports that three of the Strictly professionals refused Covid vaccines.
The BBC has not commented on the vaccination status of the professionals, who were not named.
However, they have said reports that the three dancers would rather quit Strictly than get the jab were “simply untrue”.
The network has said the safety of everyone involved was the top priority.
More recent reports have suggested the limited live audience could be scrapped altogether amid the ‘Covid crisis’.
Judge Anton Du Beke appeared on Steph’s Packed Lunch to address the claims, and he said: “The [first live show] didn’t have a huge audience anyway.
“I think it’s only family of the contestants that are in the studio anyway.”
Strictly Come Dancing returns to BBC One on Saturday, October 2 at 6.45pm.
Source: Read Full Article