THE Great British Bake Off is back for another series with more marvellous bakes and cakes.
Each week the 12 contestants take on three challenges which all incorporate a theme.
What theme is it on The Great British Bake Off?
Viewers will see 12 new bakers make their way into the famous tent to kick off the Great British Bake Off with Cake Week.
They start off with the Signature Challenge in which they must produce 12 perfect mini cakes.
Next they take on the Technical Challenge, which involves a sponge cake.
For the Showstopper, the bakers will be asked to reproduce a house that's close to their hearts.
So far the competition themes on The Great British Bake Off have been:
- Week 1: Cake Week
Read more on Bake Off
I was on Bake Off – here’s how to make it past the intense auditions
Great British Bake Off judges issue bleak warning to fans ahead of new series
Who is in the lineup for Bake Off 2022?
Taking on the judges are 12 amateur bakers who will be hoping to win the 2022 series.
The Great British Bake Off cast includes:
- Carole, 59, a supermarket cashier from Dorset
- Dawn, 60, IT manager from Bedfordshire
- Maisam, 18, a sales assistant from Cornwall
- Maxy, 29, an architectural assistant from London
- Kevin, 33, a music teacher Kevin is from Lanarkshire
- Sandro, 30, a nanny from London
- Syabira, 32, a cardiovascular research associate from London
- James, 25, a nuclear scientist from Cumbria
- Janusz, 34, a personal assistant from East Sussex
- Abdul, 29, an electronics engineer from London
- Will, 45, a former charity director from London
- Rebs, 23, a Masters student from County Antrim
Who are the Bake Off hosts and judges?
Matt Lucas and Noel Fielding are back hosting the show.
Most read in TV
MAFS fans all say the same thing as Whitney slams Duka after dinner party row
Ray Quinn becomes a dad for second time as fiancé gives birth
Pregnant Charlotte Crosby looks totally different after hair transformation
Coronation Street legend signs up for I'm A Celebrity All Stars
Matt took over from Sandi Toksvig in 2020, and has proved popular ever since.
The judges also remain the same with Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith making the decisions as to who gets Star Baker and who leaves the tent each week.
When is Bake Off on Channel 4?
The Great British Bake Off kicks off tonight (September 13, 2022) at 8pm on Channel 4.
Read More on The Sun
We painted our house with a Union Jack and now turned it black for the Queen
Thousands of mourners queue through the night to see Queen lying in state
The show will air for ten episodes in total, all airing at 8pm on Tuesday nights.
You can catch up with past episodes of the show on All 4 now.
Source: Read Full Article