Desus & Mero will continue to bring the laughs at Showtime: The late-night talk show has been renewed for Season 3, to air in 2021.
The second season is currently airing weekly on Sunday and Thursday nights at 11/10c from the hosts’ homes.
“All of us at Showtime are so proud to have Desus & Mero as our signature late-night series,” Showtime entertainment president Gary Levine said in a statement. “They are our very own ‘Bronx Bombers’ who knock it out of the park every episode, with their singular blend of hilarity, authenticity and relevancy.”
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* The podcast Happy Face — about Dr. Oz contributor Melissa Moore, whose father was a notorious serial killer — is being developed into a series at CBS All Access, our sister site Deadline reports. Jennifer Cacicio (Your Honor) will pen the adaptation, with Robert and Michelle King (The Good Fight) serving as executive producers.
* Undercover Boss‘ first two Season 10 episodes (airing Friday, Oct. 2 at 9/8c on CBS) will feature Ray Blanchette, TGI Fridays CEO, and Colie Edison, the chief customer officer of bowling alley conglomerate Bowlero Corp and CEO of the Professional Bowlers Association.
* Netflix’s quarantine-produced anthology series Social Distance, from EP Jenji Kohan, will premiere Thursday, Oct. 15.
* Netflix has unveiled a full trailer for Darren Star’s new comedy Emily in Paris, debuting Friday, Oct. 2:
* Netflix has released a trailer for the stand-up comedy special Michelle Buteau: Welcome To Buteaupia, dropping Tuesday, Sept. 29:
Which of today’s TVLine Items pique your interest?
Source: Read Full Article