TV

The Chase’s ‘missing’ Darragh Ennis reacts to sacking speculation as fans worry

New Chaser Darragh Ennis has denied he has been given the boot from the show as viewers wonder why he had suddenly gone "missing".

The Chase lovers have speculated about his future following the brain-box's absence from an episode of the popular quiz show on Wednesday.

It was not the first time he wasn't in the line-up – and it got fans talking.

The Menace only joined the show in November and the Irishman has already built-up a fan base.

But some asked him on Twitter if he had been given the boot after he mysteriously went off screen again earlier this week.

The answer, he says, is very straight forward – and he let his followers in on how things work behind-the-scenes at The Chase.

Darragh tweeted: "Sigh. I've not been sacked.

"The nature of random scheduling means sometimes we don't have a show air for a little while, and sometimes we're on 2 or 3 times in a week."

The 47 year old joined fellow Chasers Mark ‘The Beast’ Labbett, Shaun ‘The Dark Destroyer’ Wallace, Anne ‘The Governess’ Hegerty, Paul ‘The Sinnerman’ Sinha.

His other co-star Jenny ‘The Vixen’ Ryan will be happy happy that he has not been ditched.

She said last month that he is settling in as is already part of the Chasers gang.

Speaking to Metro.co.uk, Jenny said: "Oh he’s great, I mean it’s a tough ask for anybody to join this particular crew and with The Chase still going up and up in the ratings, it’s a huge deal to be joining.

"But I would not want to be in his shoes, to be honest, right now. It’s a big ask of anybody but he hit the ground running.

"He’s taken it all in his stride as a very relaxed Irishman.

"He doesn’t give anything away, if he’s at all anxious about anything."

Source: Read Full Article