Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox
Strictly Come Dancing contestants have reportedly been told to “avoid partying” while filming the series this year to try and avoid catching Covid-19.
Last year, longtime professional dancer Katya Jones and her celebrity partner Nicola Adams were devastated when they had to withdraw from the competition after just a few dances.
Unfortunately, Katya, 32, tested positive for the coronavirus, and this year producers are incredibly wary about a situation like that happening again.
A source said that bosses are “worried about a repeat” and they’re hopeful the cast and dancers will put Strictly first and turn down “invites” for the sake of the show.
“They know with restrictions not as harsh as they were last year, it means events are back and the Strictly contestants are always top of everybody’s invite lists,” the insider told The Mirror.
“But this year, they’re hoping the celebrities and pros will be sensible and put Strictly first for the sake of everyone.
“It isn’t a blanket ban on them doing anything but the show, but they’ve been asked to restrict their diaries to keep the show on the road,” the source added.
OK! has contacted a representative at Strictly Come Dancing for comment.
Olympic gold medallist Nicola shared a post about her untimely exit from the show, admitting she was “devastated” but was so grateful to having had the Russian star as her dance partner.
“Hey guys! I’m absolutely gutted my Strictly journey has ended so soon, I had so much more to give and so many people to win this for!” the 39 year old said.
“But I just want to say a huge thank you to @Mrs_katjones for being the best dance partner anyone could ask for. Team #outsidethebox.”
Nicola added: "I'm gutted to be out of the competition but in these unprecedented times and as frustrating as it is, the Covid measures in place are to keep everyone safe, and I'm doing what I can to help."
Katya meanwhile was so disappointed she hadn’t been able to carry on the boxer’s journey on the show, which had been long-awaited due to being the first ever same-sex dancer partnership.
“My heart is broken,” Katya posted at the time. “I’m utterly gutted this Special journey had to end this way and you don’t get to give more.
“@nicolaadams You are a woman who didn’t need a hero, you became one. Definitely my hero.
“To everyone, thank you for your tremendous support and we will keep dancing for you guys one way or another. #teamoutsidethebox @bbcstrictly.
“Meanwhile, please stay safe everybody. And to all my friends who’re still in the show- go for it!”
This year, the show will feature its first ever male same-sex partnership with Great British Bake Off winner John Whaite.
Strictly Come Dancing returns Saturday 18 September with a prerecorded show.
To read more about Strictly Come Dancing, sign up for OK!'s daily newsletter here.
Source: Read Full Article