STRICTLY is finally arriving THIS SATURDAY and fans are more eager than ever to know what's in store for this season's grande kick-off.
And you're in luck as the first week's dances and songs have just been revealed. Find out who'll be cha cha-ing their way through the first show here…
What are the dances and songs for week one of Strictly 2019?
Strictly bosses have revealed that the first show will see five celebrity and pro dancer pairs getting flirty with the Cha Cha.
While two couples will be giving the Quickstep a whirl, and another two will be tackling the Foxtrot.
Two pairs will also be performing the Jive and another two will turn their tricks to the Tango.
One celeb pair will be performing the Viennese Waltz, while the final competing pair will sink their teeth into the Samba.
Phew! It's exhausting even reading it. Here's a break-down of what's in store:
- Anneka Rice and Kevin Clifton dancing the Cha Cha to Gloria by Laura Branigan
- Chris Ramsey and Karen Clifton dancing the Cha Cha to Juice by Lizzo
- Emma Weymouth and Aljaz Skorjanec dancing the Cha Cha to She's A Lady by Tom Jones
- Karim Zeroual and Amy Dowden dancing the Cha Cha to If I Can't Have You by Shawn Mendes
- Michelle Visage and Giovanni Pernice dancing the Cha Cha to So Emotional by Whitney Houston
- Alex Scott and Neil Jones dancing the Quickstep to I Get A Kick Out Of You by Frank Sinatra
- Will Bayley and Janette Manrara dancing the Quickstep to Pencil Full of Lead by Paulo Nutini
- Catherine Tyldesley and Johannes Raebe dancing the Viennese Waltz to I Got You Babe by Sonny and Cher
- David James and Nadiya Bychkova dancing the Foxtrot to Three Lions by Baddiel, Skinner and the Lightning Seeds
- Dev Griffin and Dianne Buswell dancing the Foxtrot to Build Me Up Buttercup by The Foundations
- Emma Barton and Anton Du Beke dancing the Jive to Honey Honey by ABBA
- Mike Bushnell and Katya Jones dancing the Jive to Do You Love Me by The Contours
- James Cracknell and Luba Mushtuk dancing the Tango to Gold by Spandau Ballet
- Saffron Barker and AJ Pritchard dancing the Tango to Lips Are Moving by Meghan Trainor
- Kevin Fletcher and Oti Mabuse dancing the Samba to La Vida Es Un Carnaval by Celia Cruz
When is Strictly Come Dancing 2019 on?
The start date for the live Strictly Come Dancing shows is Saturday, September 21, with the final on Saturday, December 14.
However, it returned with an official launch show on September 7, 2019 at 7.10pm.
During the show fans found out which professionals and celebrities were paired up with who.
You can get the FULL celebrity line-up here.
Now, the couples have two weeks to prepare their first dance on live TV.
The next show airs Saturday, September 14, 2019 on BBC One at 7pm.
All episodes will be available to watch on BBC iPlayer and catch up channels.
Who's in the official line-up?
Here's the celebs taking to the dance floor in 2019:
- Anneka Rice
- James Cracknell
- Dev Griffin
- Alex Scott
- Will Bayley
- Michelle Visage
- Countess Weymouth Emma Thynn
- Karim Zeroual
- Mike Bushell
- Catherine Tyldesley
- Saffron Barker
- Emma Barton
- Chris Ramsey
- David James
For more details about the contestants click here.
What does the winner of Strictly Come Dancing get?
Most importantly the winner gets the coveted Glitterball trophy.
However, each star also gets £25,000 for signing up.
If they manage to stay on the dancefloor until the end of October, this rises to £40,000.
Any star that makes it to the quarter-finals sees their fee jump to £60,000.
Those who make the semi-finals will see a climb to £75,000.
While the Strictly winner will be paid £100,000.
Source: Read Full Article