TV

Naughty Boy opens up about mum’s illness and ‘will miss her’ on I’m a Celeb

Famous UK DJ and music producer Naughty Boy has been confirmed in the line-up for the upcoming series of I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! which will kick off on Sunday, November 21.

The 36-year-old music star, whose real name is Shahid Khan, has previously spoken openly about caring for his mum who suffers with dementia.

Now, he hopes that he can use his time in Gwrych Castle to raise awareness about the illness that is so close to his heart.

“I think it is important for people like myself to create awareness about it,” he explained.

“Dementia UK needs constant funding, and I am going to miss Mum the most whilst I am away in the Castle. I live with Mum, and I am used to seeing her all the time.

“Mum hasn’t been very well, and it is going to be difficult for me being away. But that said, I think the break will be good for both of us.”

ITV bosses have now confirmed the complete line-up for the upcoming series, which will take place in Wales rather than Australia again this year due Covid complications.

Naughty Boy will be joined by celebs such as Good Morning Britain host Richard Madeley, The Saturdays star Frankie Bridge and football legend David Ginola.

The Watford-born musician has also discussed who he'd love to see in the Castle, and why he has decided to go on the show.

He said: “I would love to see more musicians go into the Castle this series, Sir Elton John would be incredible if he were to go in! We (musicians) are more equipped than people think as we spend such a lot of time in the studio.

“I am excited about going on I’m A Celebrity now. I want people to know the real me. I am not a celebrity at all. My music is the celebrity and now is the chance for me to show people what I am really like.

“I am most looking forward to learning about myself.”

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Source: Read Full Article