- Fashion influencer Arielle Charnas has tested positive for COVID-19, which she revealed in an Instagram post.
- For the past three days, Charnas had been documenting her health journey for her 1.3 million followers on Instagram, posting videos of her symptoms and the COVID-19 swab test.
- In her new Instagram post, Charnas addressed her access to the test amid a national testing shortage and told followers she took what she believed to be "necessary precautions" to protect her family.
- She urged followers to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines to contain the spread of the virus.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Influencer Arielle Charnas, who runs the fashion blog Something Navy, has been updating her 1.3 million Instagram followers on her declining health over the last three days — from documenting her symptoms to posting a video of her flu and COVID-19 swab test to her Instagram stories.
On Wednesday morning, Charnas updated her followers with the result of her test.
"This morning, I learned that I tested positive for COVID-19," she wrote in the post.
Charnas also addressed her access to the COVID-19 test — which had previously received some backlash online — writing that widespread access to care should be "#1 priority"."
"It is the responsibility of our government offices to ensure all Americans can access necessary tests and I acknowledge how lucky I am to have had that access," she wrote.
She continued, saying, "Like many of you, this pandemic has me on heightened alert and I took what I believed to be the quick precautions necessary to protect the health and safety of my family and now ultimately the people around me."
Charnas added that she'd been following the CDC's guidelines issues to control the spread of the virus and would be monitoring her children's health closely.
In less than an hour, the post received 50,000 likes.
Source: Read Full Article