The Beatles‘ Abbey Road was the best selling vinyl album of the 2010s, according to Nielsen Music‘s report on U.S. music sales in the decade.
Abbey Road was the eleventh studio album by the legendary rock band, released on September 26, 1969 by Apple Records.
Named after the location of EMI Studios in London, the cover features the band members walking across the street’s zebra crossing, an image that became one of the most famous and imitated in popular music.
Most of the past decade’s Top 10 vinyl albums are dominated by older iconic artists such as Pink Floyd, Bob Marley, Miles Davis, and Fleetwood Mac.
Top 10 Best-Selling Vinyl Albums:
1. The Beatles – Abbey Road (558,000)
2. Pink Floyd – Dark Side of the Moon (376,00)
3. Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Vol. 1 (367,000)
4. Bob Marley and the Wailers – Legend (364,000)
5. Amy Winehouse – Back to Black (351,000)
6. Michael Jackson – Thriller (334,000)
7. The Beatles – Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (313,000)
8. Fleetwood Mac – Rumours (304,000)
9. Miles Davis – Kind of Blue (286,000)
10. Lana Del Rey – Born to Die (283,000)
Source: Read Full Article