Shawn Mendes is making sure that fans know just how sorry he is for the racially insensitive tweets that were posted to his social media accounts before he became a megastar.
The 21-year-old singer previously apologized for the comments after a fan brought up the old tweets during a Q&A event at a tour stop. He explained to fans that before he was famous, his friends would take his phone and post things that he didn’t approve.
Shawn took to his Instagram Stories on late Friday night (August 23) to share a statement he wrote.
“I posted some racially insensitive comments on social media when I was younger, and I am so sorry. I apologize wholeheartedly for what was said & understand how offensive those posts were. There is no place for comments like that, and those words do not represent who I am. I stand for complete inclusivity, equality, & love,” Shawn said.
Shawn is currently in New York while performing on his world tour and he’ll be at the VMAs on Monday.
Source: Read Full Article