So much for social distancing! Penny Lancaster celebrates her 49th birthday with friends in Las Vegas before going into self-isolation with Rod Stewart, 75
Penny Lancaster enjoyed one final hurrah with her friends on Monday night as she celebrated her 49th birthday.
The former model brought her loved ones including husband Sir Rod Stewart, 75, together in Las Vegas for a lavish dinner party before jetting back to the UK and going into self-isolation.
The move comes as the UK government placed a mandatory quarantine on citizens aged 70 plus from next weekend, meaning that Rod will have to be holed up at home for months.
Cheers! Penny Lancaster (front right) enjoyed one final hurrah with her friends as she celebrated her 49th birthday in Las Vegas on Monday night, joined by husband Sir Rod Stewart (head of table, centre left)
Penny was seen wearing a gorgeous red dress, raising a glass as she toasted to another year with her nearest and dearest.
She shared: ‘Thanks to all our friends for coming together to celebrate my birthday during the most unprecedented time we have known.
‘Together we stand, together we give thanks and although this might be one of the last get togethers for a while let’s pray we all remain safe and healthy.’
One person commented: ‘Happy Birthday Penny, stay safe you, Sir Rod, family and friends xxxx’.
‘Stay safe!’: The former model’s friends and family were quick to respond and wish her all the best in these difficult times
Another shared, ‘Happiest of birthdays to you!! Safe flight back home. Sending you a big hug’.
‘Happy birthday Penny you look amazing please wrap Rod in cotton wool for the next few months’, a third wrote.
Two days earlier, the blonde beauty revealed that Rod’s concerts in Las Vegas had been postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Sharing a snap of them together, she wrote: ‘Rods last show in Vegas tonight as the shows next week have been postponed due to the coronavirus.’
The government plunged Britain into an extraordinary lockdown this week – urging everyone in the country to stop all ‘non-essential’ contact with others.
Cancelled: Two days earlier, the blonde beauty revealed that Rod’s concerts in Las Vegas had been postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak
The PM warned that the coronavirus was now in a phase of rapid spread across the UK, with London seeing a particular surge, and it was time to take radical action to stop the NHS being swamped.
Everyone should avoid contact that is not absolutely necessary – with restaurants, bars and cinemas and travel off limits, and an end to large gatherings. Admitting that the squeeze could last 12 weeks or even longer, Mr Johnson acknowledged he was ‘asking a lot’.
Entire households should self-isolate for two weeks if one person has been showing symptoms, and older people should prepare to stay away from risks for months to come. He said that meant ‘you should not go out, even to buy food or essentials’.
But unlike New York – where all bars and restaurants have been compelled to close by 8pm local time tonight – Mr Johnson said he would rely on businesses and Britons to follow guidance.
Quarantined: The move comes as the UK government placed a mandatory quarantine on citizens aged 70 plus from next weekend, meaning that Rod will have to be holed up at home for months
Boris also said he was not yet ordering schools to be closed, saying he still believed it could make matters worse.
At a dramatic press conference in Downing Street, as the UK coronavirus death toll spiked to 55, the PM said: ‘If necessary, you should ask for help from others for your daily necessities. If that is not possible, you should do what you can to limit your social contact when you leave the house to get supplies.’
‘Now is the time for everyone to stop non-essential contact with others and stop all non-essential travel. We need people to start working from home where they possible can. You should avoid pubs, clubs, theatres and other such social venues.’
In a special plea to the capital, Boris said people there were at the highest risk. ‘It looks as though London is now a few weeks ahead… it’s important that Londoners now pay special attention to what we are saying about avoiding all non-essential contact.’
The move came after ministers were warned the death toll from the virus could hit 260,000 unless dramatic measures were taken immediately.
Safety measures: The government plunged Britain into an extraordinary lockdown this week – urging everyone in the country to stop all ‘non-essential’ contact with others
Source: Read Full Article