The Mandalorian continues their season 2 run with the latest episode called “The Heiress”.
At this point, everyone is talking about the show, and this article is meant to get you up to speed with enough information to show off you’re a true fan.
To catch you up on the events so far, Mando (also known as Din Djarin and played by Pedro Pascal) is looking for other Mandalorians to help bring “The Child” (baby Yoda) back with his kind. To gain this valuable information to find his people, Mando is given the task of transporting a ‘frog lady’ named Peli Motto to her husband who knows where the Mandalorians are.
The latest episode picks up here where they land on the estuary moon of Trask to unite the frog couple.
OBLIGATORY SPOILER WARNING
The Trask planet is a maritime trading port filled with aquatic citizens. After reuniting the frog couple, Mando is introduced to a group of Quarren (an aquatic sentient species) who agree to take him to other Mandos on a ocean ship.
On the way, the Quarren sailors betray Mando and try to kill him and The Child to steal his valuable Beskar armor. Right before Mando is about to drown, 3 other Mandalorians come and save the day – killing everyone on board and saving Din Djarin and The Child in the nick of time.
Mando asks his fellow brethren for information on how he can deliver The Child to the Jedi, and they agree to tell him only if he helps them pull a weapons heist on a remnant Imperial freighter. They succeed, and it’s here they tell him where to find a Jedi – none other than Ahsoko Tano.
EASTER EGGS AND DETAILS
-The Crane: At the port in Trask we see a giant crane with “legs” – these legs are from the imperial AT-AT walking robots we saw in previous films. Cool tid-bit was when George Lucas originally thought of the AT-AT for the original Star Wars, he was actually inspired by the cranes in the port of Oakland!
– Aquatic Species: At the port we saw all kinds of aquatic species, like the Mon Calamari (remember the guy that said “It’s a trap!”), Frog people, and Quarren.
– Calamari Flan: The little blue jelly like currency is used by Mando. This was given to him as the bounty prize from season 1.
– Bo Katan: Voiced by Katee Sackhoff, the female leader of the 3 Mandalorians that save Din is an important character. She appeared in the animated Clone Wars and is a Mandalorian human female, leader of the Nite Owls and lieutenant of the Death Watch. During this episode she is actively seeking the Dark Saber, the special Mandalorian weapon that we saw Moff Gideon holding at the end of Season 1. The appearance of Bo Katan is an interesting one because there was speculation that she was dead after seeing Moff Gideon wielding the infamous blade. The show references a “Great Purge” of Mandalorians, so it is believed many of the Mandalorian people are now dead.
Bo’s character will be an interesting one to see moving forward. She’s the main reason the episode is titled “The Heiress” since she is arguably the rightful leader of Mandalore but needs to wield the black-bladed lightsaber to do so.
– Imperial Freighter: A small tidbit, but it was cool to see the Imperial Freighter being the ship being heisted in this episode.
– Ahsoka Tano: And finally, Bo Katan reveals the Jedi she knows about is none other than Ahsoko Tano. This opens up so many questions! The last we saw Ahsoka at the end of the animated Clone Wars series, she didn’t consider herself a Jedi anymore.
Some background here, Ahsoka Tano was a padawan Jedi to none other than Anakin Skywalker, aka Darth Vader. She spent years in the Jedi Order until she was wrongfully accused of a crime.
She survived Order 66 (Emperor Palpatine’s directive to kill all the Jedi). and then the series ended with her just heading off to an unknown part of the galaxy. She made a brief appearance in the Star Wars Rebels animated series, but after that, no word on what happened to her.
Today’s episode on the Mandalorian didn’t get to show us Ahsoka just yet, but it should be an interesting encounter when Mando meets up with her.
We can’t wait to see Rosario Dawson take up the role of Ahsoka Tano this season!
Is there anything we missed? Let us know – Sound off in the comments below!
Source: Read Full Article