Prince Harry and Meghan Markle could be making their debut at the Met Gala this year, days before the King’s Coronation.
Back in 2020, the Sussexes announced that they would be stepping away from their royal duties and went on to make a new life for themselves in California.
Speculation that they would be attending the A List event started swirling earlier this year when the couple were spotted at the vow renewal ceremony of Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossie, who also live in the same neighbourhood as them in Montecito.
Christine Ross and Christina Garibaldi, the hosts of Royally Us Podcast discussed their appearance at the party, and said: “It was definitely an A-List Hollywood guestlist and I think that’s where Harry and Meghan want to find themselves – on that A-List Hollywood circuit.
“I think this is the first of many times we’re going to see Harry and Meghan in these A-List circuits. I would keep an eye out on things like the Met Gala, the big red carpets this year, to see where they are going to find their place in the celebrity minefield.”
Invites are set out by a committee and headed up by Vogue’s Anna Wintour. However, the guest list is kept top secret until the evening before the event, which is due to take place on May 1 at the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute in New York City.
Every year the top celebs have to dress up to a theme, which this year will be Karl Largerfield: A Line of Beauty, in memory of the great fashion designer.
The couple won’t be the first royals to attend the event, after Harry’s late mother Princess Diana famously went along in 1996.
Shortly after divorcing Prince Charles she made her only appearance at the event in a lingerie-inspired navy silk blue gown designed by John Galliano.
If Harry and Meghan do go, it will be a tight turnaround for them with Charles’ Coronation taking place in London just five days later, on 6 May.
Last week, a source said that the Royal Family are ‘spitting feathers’ over allegations made by Prince Harry in his book Spare and in promotional interviews.
However, the family are also ‘fully expecting’ a visit from their relatives across the pond as the pair fly over to London.
To ‘reflect the cost-of-living crisis’, it has been suggested that the three-day weekend in May could be scaled back by the King with guest numbers at Westminster Abbey being reduced from 8,000 to 2,000.
Strictly baby on the way! Janette Manrara and Aljaž Skorjanec expecting first child together
Gary Lucy unveils real reason behind 'devastating' split from pregnant Laura Anderson
EastEnders star Patsy Kensit engaged to millionaire as he proposes with huge diamond
Seann Walsh confirms baby girl's unusual name as he hopes she's 'posher than us'
Pregnant Love Island star Shaughna Phillips' car stolen ahead of giving birth
Source: Read Full Article