The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were reportedly not invited to the BAFTA Tea Party over the weekend due to the fallout that's come as a result of Prince Harry's memoir Spare.
Prince Harry's tell-all book published on 10 January and he dropped some massive bombshells in it – from his brother Prince William allegedly physically attacking him to King Charles III's comments on his son being the spare to his then-wife Princess Diana.
Despite the Royal Family keeping their lips firmly shut on the matter, there's been a great deal of backlash over the revelations and claims.
Now, it's been claimed Harry, 38, and his wife Meghan Markle, 41, have been "snubbed" by the BAFTA PR team from attending the Tea Party held in the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, on Saturday 14 January.
According to The Sun, the US PR advisers had been "keen to capitalise on publicity" around the high-profile couple's Netflix series, but executives in London didn't think it would be a good idea to invite the pair after the book came out.
A BAFTA insider told the publication: "BAFTA decided it was a terrible idea, they thought it would be a PR disaster. Prince Harry, in his book and docu-series, has roundly attacked the Royal Family."
The BAFTA consultant reportedly told the US team that Prince William, 40, is president of BAFTA and explained that Meghan and Harry attending the event would be like "setting off a nuclear bomb". Not to mention any of the interviews the pair could've given there would've "gone viral".
“Anything negative on William would be devastating," they added.
OK! has approached both BAFTA and the Sussex's representatives for comment.
It comes after a royal source recently claimed the Royal Family are set to hold peace talks with Prince Harry ahead of Charles' Coronation in early May.
An insider told The Times: "It’s going to take flexibility on all sides, but it can be done. It’s fixable.
"It needs Harry over here, in the room with the King and Prince of Wales and a couple of other family members.
"Both sides need to hold their hands up and admit we didn’t get everything right, and we got a lot wrong, and we have to say to him: 'We understand the pain you’ve been through.' The King can do it."
While another royal source told the publication: "They have to invite them in before the coronation, or it will become such a circus and distraction."
OK! has contacted Kensington Palace and Buckingham Palace representatives for comment.
- Lisa Marie Presley's half-brother 'lost for words' as he pens tribute following her death
- To read the very best of today’s OK! content from breaking news to Royals and TV – CLICK HERE
- EastEnders’ Rita Simons, 45, has secret facelift – see exclusive before and after pictures
- Dancing On Ice viewers threaten to report Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu to Ofcom over outfit complaints
- For the latest showbiz exclusives, sign up to our daily OK! newsletter
Source: Read Full Article