Laraw is one of the rising acts on the music scene we’re excited to introduce to Just Jared readers!
The Montreal-based singer-songwriter just dropped her new single “This Is How I Lost My Friends,” and it’s all about enduring the present moment amid the pandemic.
“Last year was f–ked. I just stopped talking to everyone because I had nothing left to say,” she explains.
“People who’ve known me for a while know that I don’t like going out or hanging out with anyone to begin with … but last year was different. I needed someone to ask me how I was doing and no one did – no one could, really. We were all going through it.”
The track was co-written and produced by Grace VanderWaal collaborator Michael Adubato, and captures Laraw‘s inability to cope with the past year, and apologizing to her friends through music.
“I tend to blame myself a lot whenever there’s any problem in my life. “This is How I Lost My Friends” is an apology to everyone I may have hurt but also to myself for not taking care of me the way I should have,” she explains.
“‘What the f–k is wrong with me?’ is a question I ask myself a lot but the answer is simple. Nothing. I’m just one of those people who don’t talk when they don’t know what to say. It doesn’t mean I don’t care. I care a lot. I’m just afraid to say the wrong thing or stress others out…I miss my friends and can’t wait for us to be all safe again. Until then, this is how I lost my friends. Not because I wanted to but because life happened, anxiety got the best of me and I didn’t feel like asking for help. Sorry dudes.”
Listen to “This Is How I Lost My Friends” and check out 10 Fun Facts about Laraw….
1. I eat McDonalds every week. No shame. It actually was my first job! And I loved it! For the food obviously.
2. I am absolutely terrified of seaweed. Not the kind you eat. The one that wraps around your leg in the ocean and tries to kill you.
3. I hate cucumbers. I HATE cucumbers.
4. My dream job is to make music for video games . Also just make video games. I actually studied music production and sound design.
5. I love anime more than I love people.
Source: Read Full Article